Wednesday, December 8, 2010

White/Gold Angel Challenge



I had this idea to do a Marie Antoinette type of doll. When I made the head I added the additional top for the hair. I originally picture her with the white hair wearing blue, but about the same time, we had a challenge for the book store window and it was an angel any color white with gold. So I decided to go with off white and gold so she ended up with red hair. I really like the hair. It is red wool that I needle felted into the head. The curls at the top are the long strands that I wet and wraped around a small straw thing. The big curls at the bottom are just wool that I wraped around a larger straw. I used an old sweater for the wings and sewed on lace flowers that matched the lace on the dress and added beads. I still may do a Marie Antoinette with the white hair and a blue dress.





















The star is a Cimabue picture that I alter the colors and then beaded around the edges. She was
Sold at the WCS show in 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment