Monday, January 17, 2011

Frieda


I really like Frieda Kahlo and wanted to do her as a Christmas tree topper. I am sad that I did not get a picture of her wings. I put her with a group display with the Flying Phoebe's for the Art of Doll show at the Petaluma Art Center. That was a GREAT show. Anyway the wings was a Frieda Kahlo self portrait that I alter so that it was all in greens and printed on cloth put some batting between the two sides and then free stitched the top with burgundy and green thread. I did not take a picture of the back and she sold at the Petaluma show 2010.

I really like the hair on this one also. I used crochet thread which I but into the head little by little with a needle and then braided it. I found these little flower for her hair. All in all I was pleased with how she came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment