Monday, January 17, 2011

Abstract Angel




I did the beaded face for this angel about 9-10 years ago in a class by Anne Hesse. I really enjoyed the free beading process and really liked the face. I wanted to do something abstract with the face so I originally started an abstract type figure. My dog got to it when she was a puppy and ripped the body. I took the face off and there it sat.

Then I was getting ready dolls ready for the Women's Craft Show in San Francisco, I came across the face. I thought this would make a really cool and different Christmas tree Angel topper.

The head and neck and arms are made from black nylon tights material the dress is a black velvet. The wings are actually cloth napkins I wrapped around wires and beaded. I didn't take a picture of the back but I really like her butt. Let just say from behind you can see she is definitely full figured.




No comments:

Post a Comment