Monday, January 17, 2011

Freckles

I actually made my daughter Britney a Christmas tree topper that is a Raggedy Ann type. I don't know why but I did not take any pictures of it before I gave it to her. I have actually made 2 like that. I auctioned the other one off.

I was inspired to do this one from a picture of a girl with red hair and freckles. Her hair is just yarn that I had sewn into her head. I really like the country look and so I appliqued a country angel with a manger to her jumper. I never got to see her on top of a Christmas tree but I think she will look great.












I love her face and her freckles. I did her coloring with dry pastels and painted the freckles on with acrylic paint. Her eyes are painted as well and then covered with clear nail polish to give a super glossy look.



No comments:

Post a Comment